1) Only members and accompanied guests are allowed on the range.
Those under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible
2) Members are directly responsible for the actions of their guests while
on the range.
3) Hours of operations are sun up to sun down.
4) Close the gate after passing except when sanctioned events are
5) Members must have in their possession and be willing to show a valid
membership card and photo ID when requested. It is recommended
that you display your membership card.
6) This is a Cold range. Possession of a loaded firearm by competitors
or spectators, other than on the firing line, while participating in
sanction events is prohibited.
1) Do not load weapons unless on the firing line.
2) Do not violate the 180 rule, never point a weapon up range.
3) Ensure that your target(s) are safe to shoot.
4) Do not place targets on the berms and do not place targets in a
position that could cause shots to go over the berms.
5) Do not handle weapons for any reason while others are down range.
6) Red flags are used on the rifle bays. When the red flag is displayed in
front of the firing line all weapons should be cleared and the handling
of weapons for any reason is prohibited.
7) In addition to flags “cold range, hot range” commands are used. Prior
to any person going down range the cold range command shall be
given. All persons on the firing line shall clear their weapons and
weapons may not be handled until the hot range command is given.
The hot range command can not be given until all persons are behind
the firing line.
8) The “cease fire” command can be used by any person who observes
a safety issue. The cease fire command is an immediate stop on the
1) No commercial, for profit activities on the range without prior approval
of the Board of Directors.
2) No group activities (clubs, classes, organizations, etc) without prior
approval of the Board of Directors.
3) You may not possess, use or be under the influence of narcotics on
4) You may not possess, use or be under the influence of alcohol on
SFA property during operational hours.
5) Be courteous to others on the range.
6) Clean up after yourself. Spent casings, garbage, used targets etc.
7) No climbing on the berms.
8) SFA is not responsible for providing targets or target stands other
than for sanctioned events.
9) The use of Association materials for other than sanction events is
prohibited with the exception of the steel on the rifle and pistol bays.
10) No Magnum or armor piercing rounds will be shot at SFA owned
11) Do not remove any items belonging to SFA from the range without
prior authorization from the Board.
12) Do not shoot any glass objects or any other item that may cause
dangerous debris on the range.
13) At no time shall a member or guest discharge a firearm in such a
manner that a bullet is likely to leave the range.
14) Intentional damage to or theft of SFA property will not be tolerated.
Person caught violating this rule can expect club sanctions and or
15) All pets must be on a leash or under their master's control.